Is it possible/safe to lose a lot of weight in only a few weeks?
We have seen enough commercials for diet supplements and programs that claim to be able to do so, only to be disappointed for not getting the results promised. Hence, people are now skeptical with the new ones.
He insisted on proposing rapid weight loss as he believes that if a diet program takes too long, it would make the users lose motivation before actually getting the results.
It has acquired quite a lot of positive feedback to create hype on the internet lately. Many users claimed that they have gotten the results as advertised without gaining the weight back. (*)
I’m sure that most of you can hardly believe this. There are also quite a number of reviewers on health sites that labeled this program as a scam. They accused it as either scientifically impossible or dangerous.
My curiosity has led me to purchase and even try this controversial program to prove whether it’s a scam or not. I will share with you my findings not only from my own trial, but also from further in-depth research from various sources.
How does the 3 Week Diet program work?
The 3 Week Diet consists of three main components:
- Diet – The diet plan in this program is similar to low-carb diet. The author also recommends several supplements to maximize the results, albeit not mandatory. This is the part where the program gets its controversies. I will discuss it thoroughly in the following section.
- Exercise – It’s not difficult to do at all as it only requires 20-30 mins a day, for 3-4 days a week. Only the resistance training requires dumbbells, thus you can still do the workout at home unless you don’t have one.
- Willpower, Motivation, and Mindset – This is an important element of this program as it is supposed to help you power through your willpower challenges.
The main principle of this program is to get our body in a ‘fasted’ state by intermittent fasting and keeping carbohydrate consumption to a minimum, so that our body would be able to burn the fat stored in our cells (*).
What is inside the 3 Week Diet program?
The package includes:
- “The Introduction Manual” e-book.
- “The Diet Manual” e-book.
- “The Workout Manual” e-book.
- “The Mindset and Motivation Manual” e-book.
There are also 2 surprise bonuses:
- Arthritis Help Book – a hard copy book on how to treat arthritis naturally from another author.
- The Calcium Lie II (worth $19.95) – a hard copy book on why calcium does not strengthen your bones and fattens you up instead.
These books are free if you are willing to pay the shipping fees to your door.
The 3 Week Diet manuals also come in an audiobook version
Who should avoid doing this program?
- Anyone who is already on a medically supervised diet (including diabetics)
- Vegans, as the detox phase requires the consumption of a lot of eggs
- Breastfeeding moms (*)
Controversy #1 – The author is unverifiable
Given the hype this 3 Week Diet program has gotten, Brian Flatt as the author must have been a famous person already. However, it is difficult to find a verified social media account of him.
I found a couple of Brian Flatt accounts on Facebook that match the picture in the website, but they don’t seem like real persons. There was no post prior to November 2016.
The closest I’ve found on Twitter was @brianflat, yet he has only one single tweet.
I also tried LinkedIn but I couldn't find any that matches the profile.
It was also mentioned in the e-book that Brian Flatt is a fitness expert who owns REV Fitness in Southern California. There's actually REV Fitness in Los Angeles, but since they have no website registered on Google Maps, I couldn't do any further verification.
Controversy #2 – Scientifically-contradicting information
The following are some of the questionable claims made in the 3 Week Diet program that are contrary to what we have been told by health experts:
- Carbohydrates are not essential for the human body. People exercising while on low-carb diets end up feeling drained or lethargic is normal. However, this only happens during the first week or so. The body will adjust from burning carbohydrates to burning fat.
- Fasting from dinner to dinner for 24 hours.
- Breakfast is the most important meal to skip every day. The longer you go without food, the more fat you’re going to burn. So, the first meal must be had at lunch.
On the other hand, I find that these tips were similar to those of the also-popular ketogenic diet. It was first founded in the 1920s to only treat epilepsy. This diet then was made popular to the general public by Dominic D’Agostino, PhD.
The general concept of both plans is the same: high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carb diet. Moreover, Dom also encourages fasting to purge any precancerous cells that may be living in your body. (*)
Given that Dom is an assistant professor in the Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, and a senior research scientist at the Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC) – it is safe to assume that his methods have been scientifically proven.
You can read Tim Ferriss’s (famous author of Tools of the Titans) podcast with Dr. Dominic D'Agostino about his ketogenic diet program here.
Controversy #3 – Fake Testimonials
The testimonials on the website seem generic to me. There was just not enough information available to verify those users.
This reviewing website even went as far as checking the HTML codes of 3 Week Diet’s “Our Recent Clients” section. According to this website, it’s only an image circulating a list of 72 unclickable names.
Nevertheless, I found a guest comment bashing the reviewer for giving such negative review which was written by a real user:
To verify this user, I sent him a message on Linked In:
My own results
Honestly, I haven’t been completely following the 3 Week Diet to the book. I did not buy the supplements, and I don’t have dumbbells at home so I did my own body weight exercises as a replacement for the resistance training.
I managed to lose almost 10 pounds after 2 weeks, which I think is not bad. This is unsurprising, however, as I have easily lost weight in the past by doing low-carb diet albeit not as fast as this one. (*)
3 Week Diet Tips
- The supplements recommended by the author might not be available in your area. Alternatively, you can replace them with your own trusted supplements with similar contents without much effect on the outcome of this program.
- During fasting, you are allowed to drink water whenever you feel that you can’t hold the hunger.
- Since the diet manual only mentioned what kind of food are allowed, here are meal recipes you can try: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/top-30
- If you don’t have dumbbells at home, you can do other body weight exercises such as push-ups. Just remember to rest periodically as instructed in the workout manual.
- Not everyone has the same bed time. You can adjust the fasting period according to yours to make it easier.
I’m a “night owl”. I go to bed at 12 – 1 AM. Instead of setting up my 18-hour fast from 6 PM – 12 AM, I have my dinner at 8 PM and my first meal the following day at 2 PM.
- If you’re too lazy to do the math on the manual to calculate your BMR, here’s a simple calculator to use: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bmr_calculator.htm
Testimonials from other websites
As the testimonials from the official website seem unoriginal, I managed to compile more trustworthy testimonials from other websites which have reviewed the program.
There were mixed responses about the program. I also included the negative ones for you to judge by yourself.
Ingrid B. on January 13th, 2017: (*)
“Finally – A Diet that Does What it Promised!
I was pretty skeptical starting out with the 3 Week Diet, but I started seeing results exactly when they said I would – from the first day! I've already recommended this book to all of my girlfriends and I'm keeping a copy of it right on my kitchen counter, next to the sugar (so I remember what I'm doing every time I'm tempted to make another one of my cakes!). I have lost 20 pounds, though I'm sure I could have lost more, and I definitely owe my success to this book – no fuss, no lies, just great advice that shifts those pounds somewhere that isn't-the-heck-on-me!”
Nadia M. on August 24th, 2016: (*)
“Not as expected
I started the diet and on my 3rd week, I lost 2.7 kg only, followed the diet strictly and doing the recommended exercises. Yes I feel better eating healthy, but I didn’t lose that much weight and didn’t feel a big change in my clothes, maybe later but definitely not in 3 weeks!!!”
“I just wanted to share my experience so far. I’m currently on my first day of the Fat Fast and I feel great! I’m down just over 10lbs already. I thought I’d be hungry all the time, but with all the water I drinking, I rarely have any major hunger pangs. I have been following the diet strictly, no cheats of any kind. Doing my walks every morning, and the workouts every 2nd day. I am full of energy and super motivated. I can already feel a big improvement in my workouts and daily walks. I was totally skeptical when I started this but it really works!! I admit, I’m still skeptical on the Fat Fast part, but I guess I’ll see what happens over the next 3 days. It was sure a treat to finally have a coffee this morning!”
Carrie on November 26th, 2014 (*)
“Great diet but seriously lack of online support
On day 10 of the diet, it seems to be working. I’ve lost 6 lbs. At this stage I am looking for some online support, feedback from other users and possibly some menus & recipes. But nowhere have I been able to locate a forum, Facebook page or anywhere else I can interact with other users. My email to Brian has been ignored.
Virtually any diet followed faithfully for 10 days is going to produce similar results. For this reason, I can’t really recommend this particular diet as support following your purchase is non-existent.”
Where to buy the program and the Order Support?
You can purchase the 3 Week Diet from their website. It normally costs $47, but you can get $20 off using our discount code by clicking the button below.
The deal comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
Should you decide to get a refund, ask ClickBank.com directly where this program is hosted. I heard that it’s no use to contact their customer service as they’re basically non-existent.
Here’s the link for ClickBank.com support: http://www.clickbank.com/corp/support/
If you're still skeptical about the safety of practicing this program after reading my review above, instead you can try the 21 day Meditation for Weight Loss Challenge by Jon Gabriel.
You can read the review of this program from our other reviewer here.
The 3 Week Diet is basically just another modified version of low-carb diet, like Dr. Dom D’Agostino’s ketogenic or the Atkins diet.
It gave me the feeling that it was not designed by an expert, instead maybe just a regular doctor who compiled methods from here and there. I also suspect that this program is being used as an advertisement media for the supplements that was “recommended” by the author.
The reason for this is because the diet manual itself does not really give any scientific data support. Even so, the information there had already been tested and verified somewhere else.
In addition, as the author is unverifiable and the customer service never replies, many accused this program as a scam.
Nonetheless, I disagree for a simple reason. If it really is a scam, they would not offer money back guarantee.
I have also tried it myself and I have reached my personal goal which was to lose 10 pounds, without following all the step and without completing the program (in 2 weeks). (*)
For $27 after the $20 off using our discount code, this program is not a rip-off. However, to get maximum results you might need to buy the supplements which would cost you more in total.
Individual results may vary as everyone has different metabolism rate. If you have any special medical condition, always consult a doctor before proceeding with any rapid weight loss diet program.
It may not be mentioned in the e-book, but low carb diets are not supposed to be practiced during breastfeeding period.
- Fast results, Some people including me really lose weight with this program
- Reasonably easy to follow
- Audiobook version available
- No gym membership required
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Requires specific supplements for maximum results
- Unverifiable author
- Non-existent customer service